Keep us, and your neighbors, in the know.
- News tips
- Community Events
- Become a blogger
- Submit a story
BOILING SPRING LAKES, NC (WECT) - Firefighters in Boiling Spring Lakes say a truck caught fire while a man was working on repairs.
According to Boiling Spring Lakes Fire Chief Chris Grace, crews responded to the call around 3:30 p.m. on Grace Road.
Grace said a man was repairing his truck when it caught fire inside of the garage. He said a neighbor ran over and tied a rope to the back hitch in an attempt to get it out of the garage.
The two managed to get it outside and that's where fire crews extinguished the fire in about 10 minutes.
Grace said the truck is destroyed and there is some damage to the garage, which is connected to the home.
"It could have been a different outcome if we didn't get there in the time we did," said Grace.
Grace said anytime you're dealing with a car inside a garage and gasoline, there's a good chance of an explosion. The neighbor suffered a minor injury after he fell while trying to pull the truck out by the hitch.
Copyright 2012 WECT. All rights reserved.